Primary Phonics course
For registered attendees only
What you need to know
Our courses start on time at 9am so please arrive at least ten minutes before the start time to register and find a seat.
WHAT TO BRING
• lunch (or you have 30 minutes to go buy lunch)
• paper for writing notes
• highlighter pens
• cushion (you will be sitting all day)
CHANGE OF PLANS AND UNABLE TO ATTEND?
Please notify us as soon as possible and see our cancellation policy regarding course withdrawals and refunds.
We will provide vegan and gluten free snacks for the tea break and/or to nibble on during the course. Teas and coffee will also be provided with a choice of plant milks in most locations. You are welcome to bring your own cows milk.
For those with food allergies or intolerances, please note that our refreshments are always meat, dairy, egg, gluten, nut, onion and garlic free.
Full day courses – no lunch provided
Please note that lunch is not provided and due to the short 30 minute lunch break, we recommend bringing your own lunch if attending a full day course. You are of course welcome to pop out at lunchtime to buy it if you prefer.
1) If a participant is unable to attend, we encourage sending a replacement. To be entitled to a full refund, we must receive written notification no less than 7 days of the course.
2) If a participant withdrawals within 7 days of the course, they will not be eligible for a refund unless there are exceptional circumstances. In these cases, we may accept a full or partial refund.
3) If a registered participant fails to attend a course, nor gives any prior notification, they will not be eligible for any refund.
For withdrawals or changes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Enrolment in a course constitutes acceptance of our terms, conditions and policies.
While course cancellations are rare, we guarantee a full refund on all courses. Refunds would be made within 14 days unless you request to transfer the funds towards a future course.
Unless there are extraordinary circumstances beyond our control, course cancellations would be notified by email and/or telephone to the person responsible for the booking no less than 21 days prior to the course date.
1) Payments not made at the time of booking are required to be paid by the 20th of the month following date of invoice.
2) If paying by cheque or direct debit, please use the invoice number as a reference when making payment.
3) If you require an extension to pay please contact us immediately as overdue accounts are passed on to our debt collection agency with all collection costs being added to the account.
If you have an account inquiry, please email Carolyn Brown.
The 6 hour training course covers:
• basic phonics theory
• the seven stages of phonics
• lesson plans for each stage
• modelled lessons
• assessment and resources
Includes the 80-page Primary Education Phonics training manual with full lesson plans. Refreshments are included but your own lunch is required. Price includes GST.
This course is taken by Yolanda Soryl. For more information about Yolanda, you can read her biography here.
These are the venues we regularly use for our courses. Please note the full address and parking information is included in the course registration email. This is either sent to you directly or to the person who made the booking on your behalf if they did not provide your email address. If you’re unable to obtain the registration email in time for your course, we recommend just Googling the name of the venue and we’ll see you there.
START TIME: 9am – please arrive at least 10 minutes beforehand.
Auckland (central/Epsom): Kohia Education Centre
Auckland (Papakura): Team Sport Centre, Bruce Pulman Park
Christchurch: St Albans Uniting Church
Dunedin: Edgar Centre
Hamilton: Western Community Centre
Hawkes Bay: EIT
Invercargill: Ascot Park Hotel
Nelson/Blenheim: Mt Richmond, Rai Valley
New Plymouth: Quality Hotel Plymouth International
Queenstown: St Johns
Rotorua: Tuscany Villas Motor Inn
Tauranga : Tauranga Coastguard
Timaru: Caroline Bay Trust Aoraki Centre
Palmerston North: Cancer Society
Wellington: St Thomas More Church
Whangarei: Sierra Motel