Onion, Carrot, Kūmara and Potato Soup
An easy vegan and gluten free recipe that a group of children can help make for a healthy lunch. Serves: 6
What you need (choose small/medium sized vegetables)
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 orange kūmara
2 vegetable stock cubes
4 C (1 litre) water
Salt and pepper to taste
The recipe – how to make
- Scrub and chop the vegetables to make roughly one cup of each.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and then add the onion and garlic.
- Cook for ten minutes on a low-medium heat to soften but not brown.
- Place all the other ingredients except the seasonings into the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 20-25 minutes until all the veggies are soft.
- Blend the soup to make it smooth, season and serve.
N.B.: this soup freezes well